Monday, July 14, 2008

Children Overdose

Don't you just hate it when people practically shove their children into your face and expect you to say "Ohhh.... Your baby is so cute...!"

I super hate it, especially when most of the children I was introduced too were not particularly cute. Some look sullen all the time. Some try too hard to be mature. Some are just plain rude. But when I have to, my delighted praise is usually accompanied by a wince, which the proud parents will never notice.

When will you be surrounded by flocks of "adorable" children? At a company gathering of course! And no company gathering is bigger than the Triathlon, which my company sponsors every year.

I really don't like to play with children. I don't like to play a clown to delight them. I hate!

And so, I stay away from them.

But strangely, they fascinate me. I usually stare at them from afar and try to figure what their every little action means. Babies are funny creatures.

So, do I like children or not? I don't know. *Confused by little people known as babies*

P/s I acknowlege that all parents have every right to be proud of their children. Please don't take offence.

No comments: