Monday, July 14, 2008

I Am A Triathlete

Or so my official OSIM Singapore International Triathlon T-shirt says.

I totally didn't join the race at all. Much to my chagrin.

Thinking it was my first sports race in years (or is it the first ever?), I signed up for the mini triathlon relay, a baby step to the Olympic distance Individual category. I was paired up with a swimmer and a runner. I was going to do the cycle leg of the race. The runner was a colleague and the swimmer was someone's friend's friend, whom nobody knew.

And guess what. On the morning of the race, this swimmer fella didn't turn up at all!!!!!!

I searched high and low for him before flag off but couldn't see a swimmer with my team number R033. But I still went to the transition area (with my runner) and waited and waited. We finally gave up when all the cyclists had finished their leg and was passing the baton the runners. Disappointed was an understatement. I was grumpy for the rest of the day.

Seeing my gloomy face, fellow colleagues were asking if I wanted to take their place in the longer races. "Such a pity. See you train so hard at the gym. You want to take my place?" Wa lao, I wasn't mentally prepared so I declined.

Anyway, I've decided not to 靠别人. I'll complete all three legs of the race by myself come November! 化愤怒为力量!

Haha! Are you inspired??

No comments: