Monday, November 28, 2005

What A Girl Notices In A Football Game III

How could I have forgotten??



Gianfranco Zola vs Ben Stiller

Hidetoshi Nakata vs Wong Hei


*****

This girl also notices scandals and disputes that go on in the football world. I'm definitely not an expert but I know enough to comment, thanks to 《新明日报》, which has comprehensive coverage of European football everyday. The following comments are just my two cents worth of thoughts.

This is not exactly recent but it has been bugging me. When it is the season for player transfers, many players may explain their interests in joining other clubs, because they are not fully utilised in their current clubs, or because of personal reasons.

Two particular incidents showed that sometimes it's not prudent to show your enthusiasm so early in the game. One was the transfer of Michael Owen to Real Madrid. Before he transfered, he exclaimed that Real was the club he had dreamt of joining since he was a child. Consequently, this comment (I think) incurred the wrath of his current club, Liverpool, then. When he finally joined Real, he wasn't allowed much participation in Real's games. And soon, he transfered to Newcastle, which he expressed, "is not my ideal club".

The result of all these is absolute embarrassment for Owen. 1) He really shouldn't proclaim his love for another club when he was still in one, right? What if, what if.... Real didn't want him?? Wouldn't he be such a laugh? 2) It wasn't nice to comment that the new club wasn't his first-choice club. What did he think the members of the club and the fans would feel??

Another incident was the transfer of Saha from his previous club, to Man Utd. I felt so embarrassed for him when he kicked up a fuss at his old club saying that he wanted to leave for MU. "Let me go! Let me go! Let me go!" Ok, so now you're at MU, how often do you appear on the pitch??

Imagine the above situations in an interpersonal relationship. Can you get together with a girl and announce that she is not your ideal girlfriend but only because you have no better choice? Will you scream at your family and tell them that you want to leave them for another family because your family sucks?? Hope I got my point across. I can't be bothered to edit my writing.

Please don't read the above entry. I think I'm must be embarrassing myself.

No comments: