Tuesday, March 21, 2006

How To Get Her Number

I never understood why you like to ask for the telephone numbers of your objects of interest, when you are usually only mildly interested in them. Neither do I understand why you think that getting her number is the most important step to building a friendship. For most girls, seeing a guy asking for their number for no apparent reason, e.g. in a club or on the streets, is an immediate turnoff. Thus, the first step of asking for her number is already an obstacle. Usually, girls are not willing to give away their contact numbers to almost strangers. At least girls from my social circle. Even if you managed to overcome this barrier and managed to attain her number, what is the probability of love blooming just with a telephone number?

Nevertheless, the scenarios that I mentioned above only refer to approaching her abruptly when she doesn’t even know you. It is a totally different story if you were already somewhat acquainted with her. With the correct tactics, it then becomes really easy to get her number.

Scenario 1: She’s your friend’s friend.
a) Get her number from your friend.
b) During a group outing, which consists of you, her and your friends, casually ask for her number. This works best when the group disbands at the end of the day. You can say you want to make sure she gets home safely. This way, you not only achieve your goal, you will also move her with your gentlemanly gesture. Or you can simply say it is more convenient for this group of friends to contact her for more outings.

Scenario 2: She is someone you have not seen, or being in contact with for a long time.
a) This is easy. Especially if you were only acquainted with her in the past, just be enthusiastic about seeing her again and ask for her number directly.

Scenario 3: You see her around in school and she acknowledges your presence.
a) Get her number from any school mate who has her number.
b) This is a little trickier than the first scenario because you need to create a situation when both of you can chat comfortably. I don’t encourage you to purposely arrange a meeting because it is a frivolous act and lacks sincerity. I suggest you wait for Fate to arrange a coincidental chance for you to eat with her in the canteen, talk to her in class, etc. At an opportune moment, casually ask for her number. A good tactic to employ is to act that you don’t know her name: “Hey, I see you around in school but I don’t know your name,” or “You’re in some of my classes, aren’t you? But I’m very bad with names.”
c) If you’re patient, spend more meetings with her before making the move. The longer you take to ask, the better. You will seem more sincere in improving your friendship.

Scenario 4: You are working with her on the same project.
a) There is no way she can avoid giving you her number.

The success rate of getting her number will be very high if you follow my advice. Despite her indifferent "Yeah, sure," she may be really flattered. However, do not assume that she is clueless about your ultimate intentions because females are highly intelligent creatures who can see right through you. The above methods simply put her in such a position that she is unlikely, or unable to reject you.

Once you get her number, don't leave it to rot in your phone. I know many of you are too shy to take further actions. If so, why get her number in the first place? Do something with it. Make a new friend. But, try not to see developing a romantic relationship with her as your ultimate aim. Instead, aim to be good friends. Let Fate take you from there. You will enjoy the friendship. Remember, sincerity is the key.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

*applause*

thelecherousmonk said...

Or you can stalk her.

Hi, I'm a new reader here. Am I welcome because I read about your dislike of DOM and I have every feature of one. But I'm not old ok.

Anonymous said...

you can get my number ANYTIME BABY! lol

chowchow said...

lecherousmonk: Stalking her will not get you her number unless you use threatening tactics, which I highly discourage. And, you are welcome, I suppose. I believe I'm still safe from you...

thelecherousmonk said...

Yea you are right. Stalking her will only get you the address. LoL

Ivan said...

Now I know how to avoid getting all those Personal Protection Orders. =P

poffy said...

Hey girl!! love your posts! so quirky!! haha.. write more yar?? =P

chowchow said...

~poppy~

Anonymous said...

I got her number smoothly.... but then stalked her.