Sunday, March 19, 2006

A Little Mamak Shop Tale

My neighbourhood mamak shop is just downstairs of my block. And I am its valued regular customer. In fact, for the past eight years, I am a daily customer. This is most probably due to my ceaseless cravings and ferocious appetite. My visits can be divided into phases - Mars bars, Kit Kat bars, Pocky, M&Ms, Chipsmore, Kelloggs' Frosties, and the current one, Hello Panda.

As you would have guessed, the phases represent my cravings stage, from (as far as I can remember) Mars bars to Hello Panda. You will be amazed to know that during my cravings period I have to eat one of the candies above everyday. For example, when I was in the Kit Kat stage, I bought one bar of the XL size Kit Kat bar everyday to chomp on. The craving may come any time of the day, when I am extremely hungry or when I am brimming with the night's dinner. For those who always envy the fact that I just don't get fat, you may be happy to know that during such phases, I did put on a couple of kilograms. My flat tummy would balloon and my Levi's 24 would cut into my flesh (which is the case now).

Thanks to my very high metabolism rate at that time, none of such effects stay for long even if I didn't work out. But happy stories are not everlasting - I am now on medication that lowers my metabolism rate. So if I continue indulging in the mmm...-so-delicious Hello Panda, things may not turn out as well as before...

As I watched the shopkeepers expand (in terms of manpower), they watched me grow up and took notice of my candy binges. Recently, I stepped into the shop, wanting to get my pandas, I realised they were not at their usual shelf. I looked around, trying to spot them, when the shopkeeper said, "It's behind you." I spun and there they were, my beautiful pandas, sitting on their very own gondola. And oh boy, I was utterly embarrassed that the shopkeeper took note of my daily supplements of pandas.

Well, I don't care much. All I need is something chocolatey to munch on everyday, until I can no longer fit into my tiny jeans.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks ah..i had to buy kitkat after reading this..grr! craving..haha!

Anonymous said...

wah lau i dun believe this..they selling the openhouse shirts @ co-op for 14.80...i wanna trade in mine!

chowchow said...

Heheh, I bet they are not selling the Q2: 2Y+Z=X tee. That's the one I got. And I'm not selling or giving it away~

Anonymous said...

haha u from biz? that's something new

Anonymous said...

Maybe one day you will find that they actually secretly bet on the day you change ur cravings...and to wat.

chowchow said...

jk: I dun openly mention my school. But I drop hints evry now and then. *shrugs* I can't explain my esoteric behaviour.

hui: -_-