Monday, November 21, 2005

No. 1 Event Of The Year

Announcing the No. 1 Event Of The Year...... 10 December!

It may not be your event of the year. But it's definitely mine.

As I subtly mentioned previously, my birthday is just around the corner. But it's not a big deal. I won't mind at all if nobody celebrates it with me. Really. Just drop me a SMS, I'll be happy. But if you insist, I won't mind accepting your gift. Hehe.

However, no matter how good your intentions are, please do not give me ornamental, useless things. You'll put me in a spot because I really love you for your thoughtfulness but I'll have to act appreciative and gush, "Oooh, it's so cute," or "It's beautiful. I can put it in my bedroom (and collect dust)".

Er, if you remembered me behaving like this last year, I'm sorry, I was only faking my joy. You can have the gift back if you want; it's lying somewhere in my display cabinet. Hope I don't sound like a heartless jerk. I will still love you for loving me.

Lest your effort gets neglected at the back of my display cabinet, below are some of the things I will like to have. Of course, if you wish to give me something more meaningful other than the material items listed below, feel free to. I know it's not nice to ask presents from others but I will feel bad if I had to act happy and lie to you when you present me with a gift I have no use for. So, please refer to the list when in doubt of my tastes and the things I want.


1) Handbag - Can fit a novel, my wallet, hp, card holder, small water bottle, maybe even umbrella/pencil case comfortably (about the size of my honey bag). No preference over design.



2) Novel - Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I absolutely love this book and want to own it so that I can read it again and again and again..... Like my Harry books. I will lend it to you if you get it for me. You can borrow Harry too; I encourage it totally. Me love to spread the bookness~



3) CD - Ono Lisa Best 1997 - 2001. Call me a frog in the well. I finally know one of my favourite genre of music, which I used to call lounge music, is known as Bossa nova. This is the type of music I will play when I'm alone with my lover, doing dreamy things like: watching the sunset on our balcony, swaying slowly to the music in each other's arms, reading Middlesex on our living room couch while he snores ever so adorably on my lap, and performing a seductive striptease. Even though I have no lover at the moment, I will love to have it. You'll never know when it'll come in handy ;) I also only just got to know that Lisa Ono is the epitome of Bossa nova music, even though Hui has been a fan for ages.

For (2) and (3): Alternatively, you can give me bookstore vouchers and/or CD store vouchers.


4) Watch - As some of you know, my special watch stopped ticking that fateful day. Also, unknown to the giver (until this very moment), I accidentally dropped it and cracked the surface eons ago. It could no longer flash every 2 seconds like it used to. (Oops, now he knows.) I figured that there's no point repairing it since it agreed to our end by stopping so ominously. Don't need to be Guess la, but not something too cheapo ok :p


5) Schoolbag - Big enough to put A4 size documents and a texbook, like Shirley's Estee Lauder bag. Its material shouldn't be too flimsy - should be able to stand on its on. I don't like the base to be too wide, possibly parallel to the size of its opening. I'm also very particular about the strap. I don't like it too long. It must be just big enough to slip my arm through all the way to my shoulder, but not bigger than that. Its design should be classy or military, ie I don't want something too cheery or funky. (I'm a bad girl to be so picky over the goodwill of others.) Maybe something like the one I saw with Tay at Far East. This picture is only representative of my bag's ideal shape and stiffness of its material. This is not my preferred design. I couldn't find a more suitable picture.


6) Digital camera - Canon IXUS i zoom. It's a wonder a narcist (I haven't spelt it wrong. Check dictionary.com) like me can last without a camera for so long. Why must technical stuff be boring grey and black all the time? I want a colourful camera like those below. I guess no one of you will buy a camera for me. Maybe all of my friends can pool money together and buy it for me. Hmm... not sure if I had enough friends to afford a digital camera. I'm don't have many friends, you know. I don't mind having it as the only present for my birthday.


7) Lovely lingerie - It's becoming a common gift among girls of our age. One can never have enough. I'm sorry to sound so materialistic but the lingerie set has to be branded or it won't look nice under the clothes. And the cheap ones don't last.


8) Flowers - Lilies or roses or orchids. I know I said I don't like ornamental things. I meant it with the exception of flowers. Actually, I will love you more if you give me flowers in addition to another gift. Poor little me haven't received flowers for two whole years. When girls say that flowers are silly gifts and that they don't need flowers to show that they are loved, they're lying through their teeth. Girls need, and are meant to be pampered. Sometimes through receiving flowers. Pamper me.


(Added 23/11)
9) Food - If you prefer to take me out for dinner, I have some suggestions.
Steakhouse for Carnivores: Al Dente; Angus; Jack's Place; Sizzler; Tony Roma's (I'm craving for potato skins!)
Sumptuous Spagetti: Menotti; Spageddies (or anywhere with good Crayfish pasta)
Grill & Roast Feast: Brewerks; Hawaiian BBQ @ ECP; The Roxy Bar @ Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel, next to Roxy Square
Extravagant Seafood Buffet: Intercontinental Hotel; Hotel Rendevous; Merchant Court Hotel (or similar - must have unlimited salmon sashimi).
Divine Dessert: Bakerzin; Haagen Dazs; NYDC (etc.)
For the Boisterous: Black pepper crab feast!

10) Shopping vouchers - How could I have forgetten??

I may add on to the list if I thought of anything else. Meanwhile, if you plan to buy me the book, the CD or the watch, please let me know so that I can stop others from buying those. Because it's silly to own two identical books/CDs. For the rest, I won't mind owning more than one piece, so keep it secret if you wanna get it for me. I love little surprises.

I stress again: Birthday presents are not obligatory. A "Happy birthday," will do. Maybe can ring me up at the strike of midnight and exclaim that the 10 Dec is the best day of your life because I was born on that day. Keke.

FYI, the third event of the year is the Goblet of Fire and the second one is the Half Blood Prince, as said before.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha...I'll get the book!
(so I can borrow...muahahaha...)

jingli K said...

The music genre you referring to bosanova is not found in wikipedia.
More likely it is Bossa nova, maybe you can make that correction. Just letting you know.
=)

chowchow said...

Bah. I'm a country pumpkin after all. I checked it out at google before I wrote it. Seems like many websites got it wrong it. Thanks.

Always Your Precious Evil... said...

Greetings,

I read the title of your 'blog and found myself intrigued. Cool 'blog and pics. I saw Harry Potter G.O.F. last Friday and really enjoyed it for all the reasons you said. Just thought I'd shout at you for a second and say hello.

(That musical genre is indeed spelled "bossa nova", and as a fan of it myself, I do humbly suggest to you the names Astrud Gilberto, Joao Giberto, Antonio Carlos Jobim, and Stan Getz as some major talents to check out online.) If my Blogger profile seems cool to you, then do check me out sometime. Have a happy birthday!

chowchow said...

Hello Anthony~ Thanks for dropping by. I visited your blog and it's fascinating. Thanks for your introduction to the Bossa nova musicians too. And, very big thank you for your early birthday wish :)

To hui: I forgot to thank you earlier. Keke. Thankew~~

buchanan said...

Howdy,

I have found your blog to be intellectually stimulating. Feel free to stick a link in my guestbook (www.jaeford.com).

chowchow said...

Gosh, somebody actually found my writing "intellectually stimulating". Haha. Thanks Jae.

Anonymous said...

i'll get you the cd!! =^.^=

chowchow said...

"U think u buy me the CD, I will perform striptease for you issit?" says the Singlish speaker.

Hahahhahhahahahahah. Joking. Joking. Joking. Joking.

Thanks a million babe.

Anonymous said...

I didn't read this entry...

chowchow said...

I said gifts are not obligatory! I mean it. Why u dun believe me??

cinewhore said...

Oh, it's Mayday day!

chowchow said...

Watch is taken too. Thanks~