Thursday, November 17, 2005

Study Week

(Updated 18/11/05 with pics)

<--- This pic of the Prudent Bitch is supposed to make you laugh. So laugh.I want to e a space but stupid blogger does not let me insert a blank line with 'enter' so i came up with this stupid way of writing stuff then colour it white.
Study week, but I'm not studying at all because of two major events in this week! First up, was the ad presentation for my marketing module. We were to design a promotional campaign for a real product - Command Adhesives by 3M.

Naturally, this is because 3M sponsored the resources and expenses that we needed for the whole project. Besides being graded by the prof, we were also competing with other groups to win the top prize, which would be decided by a panel of judges from 3M. Therefore, we had to be professional when designing the ads and scheduling the promotional activities.

Again, I was assigned to come up with the Phase 2 posters because I was the only one who knew how to use Photoshop, even though my skills were lousy. By the way, I know how to use Photoshop not because I'm vain ok. You're just jealous that I have a skill more than you, if you think this way. Bwahahaha. Phase 1 posters were given to a professional to design because my group members had little trust in me. I'm not complaining because they really shouldn't put too much confidence in me. Although we had to pay a little for the designer's work, it was well worth it!

We rushed day and night to complete the project: design the posters, make the props and do the powerpoint slides. After 2 nights without sleeping, I concussed for 14 hours last night. Frankly speaking, we only finalised the ideas 3 days before the presentation, simply because we rejected all previous ideas. In fact, we only reach the presentation venue a few minutes before we were due to present. We were so afraid that we would flop in the presentation because of the lack of preparation. Surprisingly, we managed to pull it off. We were even praised for the excellent job! And we won the............ top prize! Well almost, haha. We were 1st runner's up instead. 3M presented us with $300 cash for the whole group and a
3M Polarizing Light each (worth $200).

Proudly presenting one of our posters for Phase 1 - building the brand name, Command.

I don't wish to publish the posters of Phase 2 - promoting the products' functionality, because they are a laugh compared to the above posters that were done by a professional.

The Beezees

Yanling, James, Dawne, Joanne, Shirley

I decided to insert these two pictures cos I have chubby cheeks above but Shirley's face is covered below.

That's the end of the first event of the week. I now own an overpriced table lamp that I have no need for. If anybody wants, I can sell it to you at half price.

The second event of the week, in fact, event of the year - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!!!

Actually, it's the third event of the year, the second one being Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (my fave), the first one I'll reveal later. I'll be watching the movie tomorrow and I simply cannot wait!!! Non-Harry book fans can never imagine and understand the excitement. To see the world we have always imagined come to life is an orgasmic experience.

The first three movies were good enough although they weren't exactly the same as the books. After all, there should be space for the director's creativity. However, we cannot stand it when the little details are not followed, like Hermione's hair was not bushy enough (Socerer's Stone), Ginny was not pretty enough (Chamber of Secrets), Fudge did not wear a pin-striped cloak and carry a bowler hat (Prisoner of Azkaban), and from the trailer, Hermione did not wear a blue dress to the Yule ball (Goblet of Fire). These are little details that would not interfere with the flow of the show. I huffed and puffed at these little things but I enjoyed the movies immensely. Actually, I watched them more than once each.

I very much wanted to watch the movie yesterday. I actually rejected watching it with Peiwen, whom I watched the past two movies with, because she was still having exams. I agreed to watch with Wanqing and her friends (all fans) because she said they finished exams on the first day it showed and had to reject Rudi's offer to watch it. In the end, they made a mistake! They finished their exams but two days after the sneak preview. Bummer. Because Rudi already booked tickets to watch with someone else.

I shouldn't grumble anymore. Perhaps I might not make it yesterday because I was rushing my Command project. And so, I'll be watching it tomorrow and I just cannot wait! I have an exam before the show. I wonder how I can concentrate.

By the way, I haven't touched a page. But I'm not panicking, cos I'm very good with last minute studying.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

AND HERMIONE'S HAIR IS NOT STRAIGHT DURING YULE'S BALL! *angry* (i think). her hair is supposed to be straightened with Sleekeazy's Hair Potion! ROAR.

chowchow said...

Yar! And McGonagall is supposed to wear glasses!

cinewhore said...

(Re: previous comments) Oh my god. Who cares? If you want all that, go read the book instead. Then you can have all the over-bloated useless detail you want.

If the movie works, it works. And it works. I like movies that work.

But still a little overstuffed. I feel they could've cut the whole World Cup altogether and still have a credible (and much less butt-numbing) movie.

chowchow said...

>p

I agree that movie and book are separate entities. As you said, if a movie works, it works. But there's no harm sticking to stupid details like colour of costume ma.

We're just stupid girls who like to make a big fuss over it. Haha.