Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Partygirl In Partyworld

Partygirl went partying three times in two months, twice of which in last week, after a hibernation of eight months. First was Marketing Stars' Night, which was free for Bizad marketing students, at Club Momo. Each ticket could be exchanged for a dinner (in fact is just hi-tea held at 8pm) and two glasses of Guiness Stout and qualified for lucky draw. We got to play stage games with the professors and faculty staff. We also got to watch some of them dance enthusiastically to the number Rhythm of the Night and later to the club music on bartops (!?!).

June Lim, Elaine and Chubby Cheeks

Shirley and Joanne

Prof Cheng Peng Sim

It was also then that schoolmates mistook me for a regular clubber. "I'm not a bloody clubber," I retorted, trying to make myself heard over the loud music.

All they did was grin mischievously and said, "Don't bluff."

Half fuming, half laughing, I stuck out my tongue. I don't like to be known as a clubbing queen. Although the label also compliments by acknowledging my grooves, it makes me sound cheap. I am not a clubber okay, I'm just an exuberant dancer.

And last Monday, I went to Zouk's Halloween Party. I reached there at around 11pm when my friends just stepped into the club. (Darn. I could have joined them if I had reached 10 minutes earlier.) Instead, I had to join the queue which snaked right into the Grand Copthorne Waterfront's carpark. The line only progressed 10 metres after 30 minutes when it started to drizzle. Hui and Jeslyn then came out to coax me into jumping queue. And so I did, or I would have to wait at least 2 hours to get in.


My outfit was only done halfheartedly as I didn't expect the guests to take the contest seriously. I planned to draw whiskers to impersonate a cat but after seeing the elaborate costumes of the
other people (Zouk is slow in updatng pictures, so bear with Xiaxue if you wanna check out the costumes), I decided that I would not win with or without the makeup.

Cat ears handmade by Partygirl in 30 min.
Cat whiskers added by Partygirl in Photoshop.

Inside, we saw the most bizarre costumes. There's an Energiser battery (adorable), guys in CHIJ uniforms (hilarious), a dancing tabletop (?!?), Chinese vampires (scary) and more.

I got molested by a couple of ang mohs dressed in sarongs and straw hats. (What's with ang mohs and flowers and sarongs and straw hats?) ROARRR!! Maybe I brought it upon myself; I smiled to them when they danced next to me. First they pinched my very ticklish waist. At that time, I thought it was Hui steering me to the left. Seeing no response from me, the ang mohs squeezed my buttocks. My naughty partygirl nature thought of cheekily pinching their asses in return but the more dominant prudent bitch in me decided to look pissed and moved over to Phuture.

We stayed there for the rest of the night till Hui started to dance in a trancelike manner with her eyes closed. Tired, we exited the club, fooled around with the camera, some terrorists and Mr Beetlejuice on the porch of Grand Copthorne Waterfront before going home.

Vampire (Jeslyn) terrifying Gypsy (Hui) and Kitty

I bet none of you remembers Beetlejuice. I do!

I got a little high after two vodka mixes and half a bottle of Thirty Three on an empty stomach and started putting my arms around almost strangers (Jeslyn and Hui's friends). Slut.

Genie (Jan) and Jester (Zongying)

Daric (Daric)

I went to Phuture again later that week because I got a few free entry tickets during the Halloween Party. I was coaxed into drinking the notorious Graveyard.

The Graveyard is reputed to be one of the strongest alcoholic drinks available at Zouk because it is a concoction of several types of alcohol. I didn't think I was a bad drinker but it looked scary sitting in front of me. The whiffs exuding from the drink was intoxicating. Its colour was like the foul looking Polyjuice Potion. It tasted nasty and stung the tongue like SkeleGro. In essence, it was the most unpleasant drink, after lingyang herbal tea. "But you drink it simply to get high," my partner pointed out.

And the Graveyard lived up to its name. I was knocked off balance 20 minutes after finishing it. Although I can see and think clearly, I lost control of my legs. More than once, I staggered to the walls or swayed into my partner's arms helplessly.

The Graveyard is a dangerous drink. It not only made me feel weak in the knees, it stripped me of my pretences, leaving me defenceless and vulnerable. Besides, it tasted bad. Give Partygirl a Tiger anytime. Thank you very much.

Er, I'm not a frequent goer of Partyworld. Just trying to be funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cant believe u rem tt i rem tt u rem my bday!!! hahah

Unknown said...

roar!!!! I WANT TO PARTY I WANT TO PARTY I WANT TO PARTY I WANT TO PARTY I WANT TO PARTY

Freshmusic 档案 said...

nerd says: how can u be partying when exams are just around the corner?

gekleng says: F la, does it matter? but i dun cheong bcos i dun wan to let pple know that i m a good dancer. haha