Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Just To Show Off A Bit

Look what I got today? He remembered that I liked lilies :)


It's the size of a toddler, and bigger than all the bouquets I've ever received from other boys added together.

I wasn't expecting it at all. In fact, I was at a client's place when it arrived. When the delivery girl called me to collect "a package" from the reception when I returned, I thought it was from a bogus company trying to offer me a prize with conditions attached.

The bouquet garnered a myriad of responses from my colleagues. There was the jealous one, the envious one ("Wah..."), the sulky one ("I don't have..."), the inquisitive one, the teasing one, the practical one ("Enjoy it while you can. You won't get such surprises after your wedding.") and the indifferent one.

I quite enjoyed the attention :P


P/S So I got a bouquet of lilies which is half my height for our six month anniversary, I wonder what's in store for the one-year celebration. Heh.

2 comments:

juliet said...

i reckon that u will want a bit of response since ure "showing off". haha.

it's really really sweet la. i think he's set himself a benchmark, he'll hv to give a larger bouquet on e nxt celebration already...

chowchow said...

Haha! Thanks for bothering.