Thursday, March 01, 2007

Movie Mania

The sudden influx of Oscar-worthy movies during January and February does no good to a busy girl like me. How am I supposed to watch all of them before they end their run?

Being seriously deprived, I vowed to catch all of them (those still showing) during the CNY break, irregarding the costs involved. Until I caught a glimpse of the Channel 5 promo on TV - a contest to win a pair of tickets to the Oscar Extravaganza Movie Marathon (5 at a go!). Because I only caught a glimpse, I didn't notice how to take part. I badly want to win so that I can watch all at once. In fact, I was very prepared to pay if such a package is offered by the cinemas.

Anyway, I went to great lengths to find out the contest details. I contacted someone I knew from Cathay (ah... the power of networking) and was informed that I had to take part through Channel 5, the organiser. So I scrolled the website and it told me to send an SMS with my particulars and the reason why I should win the tickets.

My reason? Too corny to publish here. But corn works. And I won :D How time-saving. It's free too! Lalala~~

But sad to say, I missed the Oscars because of work. Although it wasn't much of a loss, according what I read from the reviews.

No comments: