Monday, January 29, 2007

"I Lost 5kg In 3 Weeks!"

I started work at the end of last August. Without much time to exercise, much of my muscles turned into fat. Actually, I prefer to blame my medication for my unfitness. So my weight increased, increased till I finally fell ill due to my heavy workload in December.

Two weeks ago, my sister's weighing scales read my to pre-hyperthyroid level. Whoopee!

*****

The Gruu started work at a new company at the beginning of the year. Being self-employed for more than 20 years, working under a boss is a drastic change for him. Getting regular pay may be assuring to some, but to him, the need to get to work on time is misery. You see, he used to be able to start his work day at any time he pleased.

It seemed that the new daily routine has quickly taken a toll on him. On the second day of work, he had the runs and needed to visit the bathroom numerous times. And in three weeks' time, he exclaimed disbelievingly during one Sunday brunch, "I lost 5kg!" and laughed.

We stared at him, not sure if his laugh meant joy or regret. But we all agreed that he didn't look any different.

Under the interrogation, my mum asked, "How did you know you lost 5kg? When did you measure your weight?"

The Gruu replied, "Hoi Kei's (Baby's) weighing scale."

There was silence as we all nodded in agreement, when Baby said, "But my weighing machine reads 5kg less than your actual weight."

The Gruu said, "Choy."

Drats. And I thought I've regained my slim self -_-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Essae is India's most reputed manufacturer and suppliers of Baby Weighing Machine. Our products are ISO 9001 certified. Apart from product quality, we are also reputed for prompt delivery, buyers' friendly policies, and the team which includes some of the most experienced business and technology professionals.