Thursday, March 09, 2006

Maybe We Just Ate Some Sour Grapes

After two days of skipping school to loll around in bed and indulge in self pity, it's time to get my body moving to complete an already overdued assignment, receive instructions for helping out at the Open House this weekend, send applications to my dream companies and give up the run for Best NUS Blog. Just minutes ago, I was on par with the leading contestant. Within minutes, it increased by ten votes. There can only be cheating goodwill involved. I don't have enough indignity friends to fight for it. Good for you, manz. Jiayou.

Recently, one of my school's competitors announced that it had 100% employment of their graduates in the past year. That got my school pissed and an email titled "Lies, ?#@!+& Lies, and Employment Statistics" was sent to us saying that we do have 100% employment too:

There are many ways to claim full permanent employment. Here’s one way: restrict population size:

100% of those who actively sought employment for the full 6 months after graduation were employed full-time. That would not count those who lazed around in Europe for a month, or those who took temporary jobs (since they couldn’t be doing temp and still looking for jobs full-time), or those who go for further studies (not looking for jobs).

Funny.

Moving on, I have some good news. My hearbeat dropped drastically to a normal rate. Yayz! I can attempt the G-Max reverse bungee some time soon. I'm still sore about missing it during the Charity Car Rally. Each team was to send a representative to go up the Reverse Bungee as a challenge. Other team members could also participate with a mere $10 each. Normal price $35 lei! I gave it a miss cos I didn't dare to put my racing heart to the test.

I have some bad news too. My allergy to the first antithyroid drug caused me to sprout five times the size mosquito-bites-like patches all over my body and develop a hacking cough. The antidote puts me to sleep for two hours each time I take it.

Okies. Gotta go~ going for Disney On Ice tomorrow and I'm excited! The last time I watched it was 17 years ago. Sleeping pill drugs will not stop me from going on dates - movie dates, dinner dates and Disney On Ice dates~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ger!! hope you are alright! it must have been hard on you, but our chow chow is a brave girl right?hugs!

Ivan said...

Oh well; votes reset after that not much diff in the end. *shrugs*

But anyway I've found a bunch of other interesting blogs to lurk on. Yay! =)

Anonymous said...

haha tml's opening show for DoI rite, i'm ushering from tues onwards

btw, u switched off ur rss?

chowchow said...

Opening show, yes! Rss, huh? You're speaking to a non-internet savvy girl here.

Anonymous said...

read the link in the url below
My post on Bloglines/RSS

Anyway u're working openhouse too? i working for ocr as a talk usher

chowchow said...

Thanks. But I prefer to keep it my way. I didn't start writing with provocative posts. This was not my intention. So while you think what I write does not appeal to the wider audience, I would like to highlight to you that if the readers find my writing unappealing, they can choose not to read. I think it is my prerogative to write what I will like to write.

I understand you said that out of goodwill as an organiser of Blogfest. But I will write something interesting and provacative only when I feel like it. Thank you for your kind intentions.

One more thing, I will like to point out that the comment you posted does not sound very friendly. I would have retorted rudely if I had not realised you were from Blogfest.

chowchow said...

jkaiser: Ok, I have switched it on, I think. Try.

Anonymous said...

To xiang,

Mandy, Deputy Director of Blogfest06.

Just write whatever you want, since freedom of expression is what Blogfest06 embraces, otherwise we wouldn't have allowed things like the F word and short forms.

Anyway, do check your mail! I just sent out another love letter(newsletter actually) to you and the other finalists!

Mandy Zhang

Anonymous said...

haha see i knew it, xiang ur blog not fierce enuff.. =Pp be like us mah.. blast ppl until wanna kena lawyer letter..mai siao siao..haha! kidding here..
anyway ur feed's working

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm Aishah and I think it's a pretty serious allegation you're throwing man. Saying cheating is involved?! Dude.....that's far out man. Haha. But it's alright, I'm all for freedom of expression. Go ahead and slam me. Like Hai Ren always says, it's not a competition without flaming ey?

It's my first time reading your blog and I truly respect your decision to write however and whatever you want. Stick by your writing principles mate.

I know you're fully capable of defending yourself but Steven ah Steven....your comment was way to harsh man. Let the girl write whatever she wants.

chowchow said...

LOL. I'm sure you know I dun mean to launch a personal attack~

Anonymous said...

now now. let's show some graciousness and not slam other universities just cos u think yours' the best, alright?

Anonymous said...

Haha, notice I didn't mention any names~