Tuesday, March 07, 2006

"I Like A Healthy Breeze Round My Privates Thighs, Thanks."

(Edited 9/3/06)
(Edited 8/3/06 - I forgot to talk about the main thing.)

Turns out that I'm allergic to my medication. On the last day of my first round of medication, red, angry patches appeared on my thighs. I scratched like crazy cos the patches were so itchy. And the patches spread. Wherever I scratched, the area swelled. To reduce the irritation, I couldn't wear pants - heat trapped in the pants might exacerbate my condition. I couldn't wear a skirt, or pair of shorts, cos the patches were so ugly I was afraid I would scare passerbys. I scared myself too, almost cried.

I am very icky about clusters of patches, spots, dots, small tiles, etc. Imagine the whole of the back of my thighs were covered in patches. EWW! I don't even dare to feel my thighs, let alone look. The only thing I could wear that was suitable for school was a long skirt - the only one I have is a blue wraparound, the one that was in Fareast shops, available in twenty colours, two years ago. Felt quite embarrassed to wear such a passe item.

The wonderfulness of a long, flairy skirt is that I can sit, stand, run in whatever what I want without exposing undesired parts of myself. So I sat in class, scratching like a dog. My foot, pulled up to my lap itched terribly. It was frustrating to scratch without long fingernails so I got out my ruler as a substitute. I guess such behaviour is barbaric to some. But I couldn't care much, stopping the itch was most important. Of course it didn't stop, my scratching just caused more itchy patches to appear. And I was scratching, scratching, scratching in class like an uncouth Chinaman. My classmates must be disgusted. You must be disgusted.

I travelled about with a big bag on my left arm and a textbook on my right, in the skirt that made me stumble. Inevitably, something happened to clumsy me.

I was waiting at the bus stop for our ISB when I saw my wrap around skirt had come loose, with the top of my red knickers peeping out. I was all of a dither, trying to cover up and putting down my things at the same time. Had to hide in a corner, which wasn't exactly hidden, to retie my skirt. My awkward antics won me a few stares.

That was not all. I tried to feel all around that my skirt was secure as I boarded, causing me to fall into an empty seat. Thinking it would be irritating to squirm around in the crowded bus, I sat still. I could not have been more embarrassed after I got down. To my horror, my skirt had undone itself and it had practically fallen off! Luckily there was no one at the bus stop, though I was not sure if people on the bus saw.

Moral of the story: "Wear nice underwear when wearing a wrap around skirt."

Incidentally, if you truly understood what my title meant, lurves you for lurving HP~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

Not dumbledore? Some old wizard with wizard robes. :D

chowchow said...

It's the old wizard Archie who was trying to dress as a Muggle. Check GoF :p