Sunday, January 15, 2006

All Hail The Future Minister

The future minister, is yours truly. For those who don't already know, I work at the grassroot organisation of my neighbourhood, part time, for 1.5 years already. Since I'm graduating this semester, I have given my options a lot of thought. It struck me that since I have connections, playing a part in governing our nation sounds pretty enticing.

Over the months, I have witnessed a number political upheavals in the committee and was the victim of several infuriating incidents in which I was maligned (I will narrate a few anecdotes in the future).

Well, rising to political success is a herculean task. I will need to be approachable, helpful and enthusiastic, whether I like it or not. Working with a bunch of ineffectual seniors who are not united is drudgery. But I must slave through it. As much as I am unwilling, I'm going to join the committee of old fogeys in team bonding, a special activity for all the members. with a forced smile and faked enthusiasm tomorrow. Especially when the mayor is going - to be successful, we need to pull some strings eh.

I don't need to aspire to be hottest auntie blogger anymore. Me gonna be hottest politician / MP / minister / prime minister. Make way, Eunice Olsen!

No comments: