Thursday, December 08, 2005

Backstreet's Baaack!!!!!

Just last week, I was grumbling that I didn't get to watch David Tao's concert. Now I'm glad I didn't cos I need the money for the BSB concert on 24 Jan in SIS! I can't decide which is more exciting: BSB concert in SIS, or it's on 24 Jan, so I bold the whole phrase :D


I have been bursting to announce this to those who don't know yet, but I didn't have time. Let me repeat: The Backstreet Boys are coming to Singapore for a concert on 24 Jan 2006! Thanks to our TV station's Star Awards, I saw the ad on TV! Thanks Serene, for informing me too. Yes, I watch the Star Awards almost every year. Not to see who won la. But to see their outfits, especially prettiful Fann's~ Interestingly, Cynthia Koh was wearing the very dress, from BCBG, that I decided to send to a tailor to make as soon as I have enough money just the afternoon before the show. (For those who don't know, I make dresses for the fun of it. Cos I like pretty dresses. I just started this hobby a few months ago and I'm gonna make more!)

Spit it out. Who knew about the concert before I did BUT never told me?? Don't let me find out.

Sorry, if you are interested to go with me. Because I have already bought the tickets the moment the Star Awards end. I was sad to know that booking commenced 3 days before, and many seats have been taken up already. But happily, the seat that we booked still wasn't too bad.

Love for the BSB did not start when they first exploded into the scene. When my P6 angmoh-ish classmates were listening to them, I scorned at them. You think you listen to English songs very cool meh? No lor, you're just don't want to admit that you are lousy in Chinese.

I only got interested in them during a Sec2 class gathering. We were gathered at Mindy's house to watch the premiere of the Backstreet Boys' Homecoming Concert on HBO. Don't you know, watching a concert can make you fall in love with the perfomer(s)? And so, I fell in love. Head-over-heels.

I don't care that Rudi calls them the Backstreet Men. I don't care that Brian and Kevin got married. It's Nick that I want =P I don't care that Baby thinks they sing like girls. I don't care that Nick has put on pounds. And I don't care that Baby ridicules his flabs. In fact, I like him better that way. [Side note: I noticed that 孟哲 is the Nick Carter of 5566. He is also the baby of the group. He also ballooned after a few years :D]I don't care that AJ was addicted to drugs. Fans, like family, do not abandon you when you are down. Love is about loving everything, flaws and all. I don't care that Nick was once in love with Paris Hilton. Who isn't in love with her?

Well, because I like them only after 2 years they started, I missed watching them when they came to Singapore. Yes, they came to Singapore once in 1997! I waited and waited for their arrival. I once answered a survey that I would like BSB to come perform the most, hoping with all my heart that my answer would mean something to the organiser. I even swore that I would travel to KL to watch if they chose to perform there instead. But I didn't know about it till it was shown on TV. Haha. Aiyah, that performance wasn't important because it was a concert by various artists.

So, I continued to wait and wait, buying their new albums on the first day it was distributed. (I bought Black & Blue while the sales assistants were still unwrapping the CDs from their boxes!) I love every song. I learn them all by heart. Even the music and yeahs and ohs.

And I waited and waited. And after a long-awaited 5 years, they are finally coming back. And I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait. I'm feeling breathless and so excited that I wanna scream. The wait is even more torturous than waiting for The Half-Blood Prince and The Goblet of Fire.

It's no fun attending the show with non-fans. So I'm going with Wanqing and Baby! I think I'm gonna cry at the concert.

Gawd. Can you believe that I'm turning 21?

3 comments:

cinewhore said...

No I can't. And it's precisely because of this whole Backstreet thing.

You know what would make a good title for something? "Backstreet Backlash".

chowchow said...

That's becos u weren't involved in the frenzy, old man.

I bet u were as excited as I am when u finally got to hear jacky cheung sing live!

noshidoshi said...

hi, i bloghopped here after googling for bsb concert reviews. i went for the concert too, cried when they came out, cried when it ended. haha. it was truly awesome wasn't it? I thought Howie was cute with his puppydog eyes. And Kevin too. And Nick. And Brian. And AJ too. Gah all of them so cute. I LIKE! (sorry, make that, I LOVE!)

Sorry, just had to share my thoughts with someone who might understand why im going ga-ga over BSB.. heheheh.