Tuesday, July 22, 2008

寻找浪漫

Deciding the perfect dining establishment to celebrate our anniversary seems to be as much of a headache as planning a wedding. I’m given the task of choosing since I’m the MOF (Minister of Food) between the two of us.

I want the place to be posh, dim and romantic. A big plus if the place has a dance floor. I lurve to dance even though I dance like a nerd. But I don’t know of any nice dining place that has a dance floor anyway.

When I told a colleague that I’m taking two days off to celebrate our anniversary, she said enviously, “Wow, so romantic.” Romantic? Really?

While we’ve settled into a seemingly domestic routine (much to my anguish as some of you would have learnt), doses of romance are still present now and then. For one, overseas holidays do wonders to fan the passion. Others come in little pockets of sweet memories - the most memorable of which I realized I haven’t shared with anyone before.

We were driving along a secluded road somewhere in Changi (we were on the way home from Danqi’s birthday party) when he pulled up and exclaimed that he misplaced his handphone and asked me to grope under my seat. After a bit of shuffling, my fingers closed on a little box and inside was my birthday present. I was touched by the amount of thought put into giving me a present :)

And not forgetting that surprise bouquet of lilies almost as tall as I was that landed on my work desk six months into our relationship. (I haven’t received any flowers since then, though *winks*)

Anyway, back to the question faced incessantly by the Minister of Food – where to eat? Should we go Japanese, Mediterranean, American, Spanish, Brazilian or Mexican? I keep changing my mind – every shortlisted restaurant seems equally tantalizing.

Methinks if I ever hold a wedding, it’s gonna be a looong tedious process.

No comments: