Monday, June 16, 2008

Ultra Lust


Ah....... I'm totally itching to buy this dress. I think it can arrive in time for Tay's wedding! Oh no oh no oh no...... But it's so out of my league........ I've already overspent this month. And am planning to spend quite a bit more at the hair salon this week. Should I, should I, should I? *Twiddling twiddling twiddling thumbs*

Just as these thoughts raced through my mind, I came upon this at Fashion Nation:

You know the scenario - walking in to a boutique you see this absolutely fabulous __________ (insert your own fashion poison: bag / pair of shoes/ dress / jacket / necklace / etc.) which you know you want. It is a fragment of your sweetest dream, and stirs an emotion in you which you never knew existed. Sort of similar to meeting the perfect man at a dinner party. Now! You look at the price-tag and realise it’s way out of your budget. In such a situation, my body is the venue of a debate as large-scale as The International Debating Championships Finals.

Stephie’s Mind: Well you know you have only $x in your bank account. If you buy this, and still want to buy this month’s Style: magazine (because Fann Wong is on the cover), then you will have to eat only home-made sandwiches daily for twenty days.

Stephie’s Heart: But it is soooo beautiful and look, after I cried ‘OOOH!’ so loudly upon seeing it everyone in the shop is sneakily looking at it too.

Stephie’s Mind: So? Then you will just have to come back
next month and hope it’s still here. Or better, it’s on sale!
Well... Exactly! 'Cept the wedding at the end of the month (before the next pay is due) is the perfect occasion to showcase the dress. Oh my oh my, what a frivolous dilemma.

No comments: