Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Case Of "Mistaken Identity"

Looking my drabbiest, I trudged to school this morning, planning to come home immediately after morning class.

My usual journey to school consists of two bus trips. I walked past a fellow passenger as I got down the first bus. He gave me a meaningful smile and said, "Hi," and alighted the bus too.

Instinctively, I scanned my memory trying to recall who he was. Failing which, I asked, "You are...?"

"Oh, I must have mistaken you for someone else," he answered, then added, "Why not give me your number? We can be friends."

Trying not to look at the piece of unidentifiable object between his teeth, I looked away awkwardly and said, "Er... no... It's alright..."

He fidgeted a little, "Going to school?"

"Er, ya..." I said, still looking away.

"Which school?"

"NUS."

"I see... May I have your MSN? Do you have MSN?" He whipped out his handphone from his uncle-ish LKY syle jacket.

"No, I don't have."

"Email?"

"Sorry, nope."

"Okay... Have you had breakfast?"

I turned back to him to look at the piece of whatever that was stuck between his teeth. Shuddering, I answered, "Yes, I have."

"Okay, I'm going for breakfast. Bye."

"Bye."

As soon as he turned his back, I muttered, "猪头."

6 comments:

phelan said...

"uncle-ish LKY syle jacket."

mwahahaha! :-)

Cant blame a guy for not trying....

chowchow said...

Oh, the thing is, he didn't look old at all. In fact, he seemed to be ard our age. So, wassup with the LKY jacket??

L.O.V.E said...

ha ha mel... hope you don't meet such ppl again. waste your time and energy rejecting them.

hm... maybe i'll 'yes' if it's josh harnett or roy chiu. hee...

chowchow said...

serene: If the guy wasn't so revolting, I wld have felt less negative towards the whole thing. (Of cos, I still wldn't have given him my number.) Talked to me with a piece of meat stuck between his teeth!?! My goodness!

jim: It's sth like this -
http://www17.serrahost.com/retrouvaille-storeorg/catalog/Style%202110%20Bomber%20Jacket.jpg
But beige, i.e. more uncle-ish.

chowchow said...

Yups. Look out for it next time. He wears it to Parliament.

cinewhore said...

Parliament aircon is cold. His old bones can't take it.

But see what a good leader he is. He could just order his son to lay down a mandate saying the aircon must be warmer, but he doesn't. Instead he makes himself wear a jacket instead. Where to find this kind of good leader?

So do we all know who to vote for now?