Saturday, January 21, 2006

Shopaholic Outdone

So many things happened to me these weeks, I can't decide whether I'm ill-fated or blessed. Unlucky - Almost got knocked down by car. Can't get modules cos I overlooked the available time slots. Almost lost my wallet. Lucky - Good shopping deals. Didn't get hurt by the car. Overwhelming mahjong luck. Additional source of income. Found my wallet.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that admist the crazy shopping for CNY clothes, it was great buys bonanza! I bought an outfit for each of the three days of CNY holidays. And additional finds from G2000 low-cut sale. And a bag for school. And yet another two pairs of shoes. And T-shirts for lazy Sundays. Oops.

To date, this is most expensive piece of apparel I own - $99. Bought to attend my cousin's wedding.


Followed by the gold long skirt, from Miss Selfridge, I bought for JC prom. Also $99.


Then I tailored a dress for no apparent reason - $95. Antics of a shopaholic - just like to own pretty stuff. Coincidentally, I got to wear it to two balls soon after the dress was ready. This is the only picture with me in the dress. Stupid of me not to take more (I need a camera!!) when it looked so fabulous, and when I looked so fabulous too :P

It looks like this. Has a big yellow satin bow at the back. My mum complained of the low neckline.

Usually, when I see something I like, I will not buy it immediately. Because it's too expensive. Because my friends and mother hover behind me and tell me not to waste money. But when I get home, I will keep thinking about it, knowing that I can't wait till sale period (my size is usually sold out during sales). I will toss and turn in bed, so anxious that if I go to buy it another time, it will be gone. That's when I know, I must get it no matter what the price is.

For instance, I have a pair of Kickers loafers that I yearned for so much that I didn't mind buying a size smaller since my size was sold out. The shoes were $70. Another pair, Vivi silver heels, only took me a week of contemplation. Guess what, it was sold for half price six months later when I bought it for $60. The skirt in the picture from Paragon below cost $60.

Recently, I got a soft spot for dresses. I thoroughly surprised when I outdid myself by splurging on one - $124. I thought I will not buy it when it caught my attention two weeks ago. But who can help it when the urge to buy suddenly hit so strongly in the morning that you decided to go to town to get it in between classes. (Stupidly, I left my wallet in school and made a wasted trip that 2-hour break. Yeah, I almost lost my wallet. It made me think that it was not meant to be.)

It's not even an evening gown. But it's really pretty! Just a sunday dress for yam cha and high tea. It's from GG<5.>

Which brings to to plan for CNY. Dear friends, I will be free after the morning of 大年初二. Take me out. Let me join you and your friends. It doesn't matter that I don't know them. Be it a mahjong game or a karaoke session, just let me accompany you. Show me off to your friends. Remember, I have pretty dresses. *stupid bimbo*

5 comments:

Dewei said...

we need 2 more kakis for mahjong! mahjong mahjong mahjong please... and can u remove the verification for commenting...its v irritating!

chowchow said...

cos got spam! bear with it la.

anyway, i've decided. next tuesday (3rd day of CNY) mahjong at my place. maybe mj in the afternoon and some samurai at night(if it's opened) :P

i'll get the kakis.

chowchow said...

I forgot. My Levi's jeans (24) cost me $97 after disc.

Dewei said...

Spam?! How come i dont get it...ok i dun realli get comments on my blogs u see...haha...keep me updated abt CNY day 2...its monday ok...anyway i gave up 150 bucks levis for cheaper topman jeans at 60. budget...so can buy more

Joanne said...

i love ur white tube dress!! wish i could wear something like that. Gee.. Where's our nice christmas dinner? We NEED to do it... to show off pretty dresses!!! hahahaa... miss u babe!