Thursday, December 15, 2005

My Retribution

I have been bogged down by fever since Tuesday night after a walk in the rain. And my temperature is still fluctuating. This must be because of a sinful something that I did a few days ago. (To know what it is, ask me personally. It's not safe to publish it here.) For a moment I thought I caught the chicken pox because I was in contact with an object that belonged to a chicken pox patient. Of course I know this is unlikely, since chicken pox is transmitted through the air.

Because of the sin I committed, I was doomed to two whole days (and counting...) of suffering. Two days may not sound a lot to you but it is unbearable for me. Cos my fever attacks usually only lasted for half a day each in the past. This time, I was left to moan and perspire in misery even after I drank lots of water and ate Panodol. A sore patch also developed on the right side of my throat, making it painful for me to swallow even saliva.

I sincerely wanted to go to work today because I didn't want to leave my responsibilties to my groupmates again. Although I was slightly better today, I was still too weak to pick up myself. However, in the afternoon, I went to TM to watch King Kong despite feeling a little giddy. I couldn't bear to reject my partner because he was so looking forward to it that he was "dying" and answered every SMS with exclamation marks.

King Kong, of course, is a must watch - proclaimed to be an "epic" by my partner. Great sets, exceptional CGI, beautiful cast (dunno why Adrien Brody was playing the hero though), nail-biting adventure and heartbreaking drama. Here I was, anxiously sitting on the edge of my seat while he was on my right sniffing with emotion.

Halfway through the show, I whispered that Naomi Watts had very long legs when he... he... he said that my breath smelled!! I admit it actually because I could feel it myself. The breath in my mouth is especially thick. My breath doesn't usually smell! It was because of my fever and sore throat! So I kept my mouth to myself for the rest of the show. And after the show, he quickly ran to get me some mints!

Perhaps I was punished for running outside when I'm supposed to be resting at home, I started to feel very unwell again shortly after the movie. And I had to wobble my way back under the ruthless sun.

No comments: