Monday, November 28, 2005

一失足成千古恨

How very true.

I must declare that government exams do not always reflect your true potential. When I got my 'A' Level results from Mr Bala, he told me, "Not bad. But your GP is er... unexpected."

Do you remember what I got? Yar, a C5. A bloody C5!!!

I don't deserve it at all. Even Mr Bala said the worst he expected me to get it B3. But you all agree that "O' and 'A' Level results don't matter much in your later lives? I don't!!!

Because I floundered in one exam, which happened to be the one that dictated my future, I could not take translation courses in NUS, something I was interested in. The minimum GP result to qualify for the course was B4. Because I failed to get a decent result, I was despised by tuition centres when I expressed that I didn't mind teaching English. Hello? I got A1 for 'O' Level English OK! Because I fell short of the requirement, I was questioned endlessly about it by the interviewers in Comm Studies of NTU. How was I to remember which essay I wrote?? Bah. You think I care about your stupid course? You are not even my first choice. Well, maybe they heard my silent grumblings, I was sent back to Bizad, which happily, was what I had chosen in the first place.

Stop laughing at me. I was one of the top 100 best scorers in JC for 2 semesters out of the 6 that we took. Were
you? Were you? Were you? I think not. So stop teasing me. I don't find it funny. Hear my heart break into a million pieces. Oh you can't. Beacuse it was already broken that spring in 2003.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I could not take translation courses in NUS, something I was interested in. The minimum GP result to qualify for the course was B4"

xiang, not true leh.. once you pass QET, you can take translation courses! Those who don't meet the minimum grade still qualify for translation courses after they pass QET. how come you never find out from me or extraire earlier?
=( then we can take translation lessons together liao

chowchow said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I'm sure I mentioned it before!!!!!!!!!!