Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sailormoon I Am Not

Sailormoon, I am not. But I dressed up as her during class presentation today.

Before

This picture was not taken today (I don't have a Before photo), but my outfit was something like this - lousy Tee, casual shorts and my lovely Adidas jacket.

Our project was to study the consumption behaviour of a certain interest group and do a professional yet interesting presentation on it, together with report containing our findings and analysis. I didn't have to embarrass myself in class if:

1) Weixiong didn't suggest interviewing cosplayers.
2) (subsequent to point 1) I enthusiastically and stupidly told the group that I cosplayed before.
3) The rest of the group weren't part of the same gang. Thus, I had no power to protest.
4) I was not being too nice for my own good.

Finally, I succumbed to their coersion and agreed to act as Jenny the cosplayer. Since I did not have to be involved in the formal presentation of the findings and analysis, I spent my time brainstorming the creative part of the presentation. It was fun actually; I get to revisit my (superficial) drama skills.

Anyway, Jenny's favourite anime/manga character is Sailormoon. Inevitably, I would have to dress up as one. Ta daa~

After

Ok la, it didn't turn out as bad as I thought; at least the costume's cute. Before today, I thought I needed to place a paperbag over my head in Bizad after my presentation. Luckily, it's still pretty decent. I cannot imagine the reaction of the class and the following impact on my reputation if I had to wear Sailormoon's super short fighter outfit:


Not that I mind wearing short skirts, of course. It's just that I am trying hard to prevent people from viewing me as a bimbo.

Anyway, the presentation ended without major glitches. Or so I thought. Without my knowledge, it ended with this picture:

Cosfest 2000

And the class was asked to guess, "Which of our group members do you think is in the picture?" ROARRR. I (first one from the right) looked horrible in my short, curly hair and chubby cheeks! And they had to show it to the class. Haha, but of course, all these were done with good-natured humour. Since I had such a good time working with them, I will forgive and forget :)

Lastly, I wanna thank Yuanie for lending us her beautiful costume.

The meanies, me and Prof Tambyah

6 comments:

jingli K said...

Watched a FYP project documentary by CS students on this cosplay shit. It's kinda eerie and we should all know be involved with it. Once is enough. We do silly things when we are yong. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

yingxiang 美美!!=)

Anonymous said...

yah! u looked great!

chowchow said...

Haha thanks. As you know, I used to be a camera whore. Now I have toned down a bit, but I still enjoy showing off. I put up pictures of myself only when I think I look nice. Hoho, I can see your -_-"

L.O.V.E said...

wow, how the other ppl react? haaahaa.. it looks really fun. and take care gal, dun wanna hear wonky faints from you again ah. Harry won't like it. hee...

Anonymous said...

xiang is so kawaii!