Sunday, October 25, 2009

Afternoon Sips

I'm very much taken to the French habit of drinking wine any time of the day.

I tried to convince the girls to open a bottle of Lambrusco today. It's sparkling red dessert wine. You see, the French (or Belgians) scorned white wine cos they felt that white wine would never be as refined as red wine. And we amateurs like white wine mainly cos of its sweetness. So dessert red wine would be a good introduction to actual red wine. Oh the atrocity! Evon would look at me in exasperation.

But the girls didn't want to try...

After the very delicious Italian fare at Robertson Quay this afternoon, I couldn't resist ordering a glass of wine to clear my palate from the rich creamy pasta - taking cue from my Belgian friends.

I really like the idea of drinking wine on a lazy afternoon over long lunches with dear friends. Oh my, am I turning French? :D

2 comments:

foosy said...

Aww..I cam always drink with you

chowchow said...

then we should stock up for afternoon wine whims :)