Saturday, July 11, 2009

1-for-1 Jugs Not For 2 People

(Note: This story was from last July.)

The Boyfriend and I had a chichi dinner at Robertson Walk and decided to pop by Zouk, since he hadn't been there before and we were on leave the next day. And I wanted to see what had changed after a two-year hiatus from Mambo Night.

Things I learnt that night:
  1. The Mambo mix had included songs from the early 90s - songs I actually heard on the radio when I was little! It was quite disturbing to learn that the song list evolved with time too.
  2. The dancers on the podium could dance to a new with the same moves without rehearsal. Certain lyrics must go with specific moves. It was funny to see dancers interpreting a new song differently.
  3. Never to order 1-for-1 jugs of potent cocktail mix when there were only two of us.
I told The Boyfriend how I had seen the ugly effects of Long Island Tea on my friends. Being the gungho drinker, he wanted to try too, "Let's get a jug!" he shouted.

11pm to midnight was usually the 1-for-1 offer. And he came back with two jugs of Long Island - one for each of us.

Knowing how bad the drink could affect the less seasoned drinker, I sipped my way through the whole jug. While he gulped it down, very cool okay.

And it did made me very tipsy. I couldn't stand or walk straight as I stumbled out to get a cab home. Walking on air was a great feeling!

As we got out of the taxi, The Boyfriend gasped and leaned against a pillar. And he regurgitated our expensive steak and wine.

"It's all the taxi's fault," he exclaimed later. Apparently, the taxi was jerking too much for his comfort. "And I was punished for giving in to beef," he added - Some time back, he abstained from beef for reasons I couldn't comprehend.

Our two hundred dollars went down the drain just like that. And yes, I guessed it was the taxi's fault ;)

No comments: