Monday, August 25, 2008

Singfest 08

I unexpectedly won a pair of tickets and VIP passes to Singfest '08. I was quite excited to go a hip rock concert.

Everyone waiting to enter the arena.

"We're excited!"


Gearing up for the party


In a party mood!



Singfest is modelled after the West's Woodstock Music Festival. I observed the audience seemed very familiar (comfortable) with the dress code of a summer concert. I love the girls' light summer frocks. Babe alert!


"I'm smelting! Let's go to the VIP tent where it's sheltered."


And so we trooped to the VIP tent, where there was a free flow booze and soft drinks. At certain parts of the day, there were food for us too.

First act of the day - Stacie Orrico. I only knew two of her songs but I had a blast singing to them.

One Republic has strong, unwavering vocals. I was impressed!

Dinner time!

Some performers came to our marquee.

Mambo king - Rick Astley! You should've seen how the crowd grooved to Together Forever.


Then there's the Pussycat Dolls. I overheard the audience, "They're so fucking tight (over and over again)". Lol.

I didn't stay for the Alicia Keys cos someone wanted to leave. Anyway, it's something different to do on a weekend :)

No comments: