Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The GBGs (Goodie Bag Grabber)

For the past two weekends, I was the anchorman for a mass workout activity at our roadshow. And I met the most unbelievable people.

The objective of the mass workout, besides attracting attention, was to let participants experience our machine and hopefully transform them into customers.

To thank these participants for taking part, I gave them each a goodie bag containing some products, premiums and vouchers. Total worth over $200. Needless to say, it was more than enough lure to get participants for three sessions each day.

What I didn't expect was how ugly and embarrassing people could become when I ran out of seats. Just for the goodie bag.

#1 The I'm King because I'm the Customer - "I don't want to take part. Just gimme a goodie bag."

#2 The rowdy, queue-jumper

#3 A quarrelsome auntie who tried to pass off as TWO persons so that she could get extra goodie bag (think I stupid issit???). She argued for 30 minutes.

#4 The mother who forced her unwilling kid to join because she wants a goodie bag. The kid was screaming "I don't want! I don't want!"

#5 The latecomer who demanded other people to give up their seats for her

#6 The family who expected to get eight goodie bags when only one member participated

#7 The "professional" GBG. You can spot them from a mile away because they always have many bags on their shoulders. The bags are mostly free stuff given by advertisers. It's like they scour town for the freebies every weekend. But they're actually the best behaved ones, although with the wrong intentions.

Sigh, sigh, sigh. So disturbed by the GBGs' behaviour.

4 comments:

princessgx said...

Haha. I may actually be one of those. As my cousin says, "free must take!"

I used to be able to sell them for some money every month... another form of business mah.

chowchow said...

Haha ok, as long as you don't aim OSIM goodie bags for the sake of selling them ok?

Wondering if I'll become a GBG when I turn middle aged,
~Xiang

princessgx said...

so u are working there now huh?(seems quite obvious)...

i did get this osim goody bag which had this refine nanogel thing in it have been unable to sell it cos nobody knows what it's for...

oh by the way!

i think my fat ex bf(the one u dislike) is working there u noe, have u seen him around???

chowchow said...

?!?!?! What's his name? From what department??