Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Self Introduction

It's been 3 months into my new job and I'm asked to write a self introduction to be posted on the company bulletin at the common room*. I've been attempting it for days but can't write anything more interesting than a sighting of the escaped terrorist (I'll write about it when it's safer). I'm still stuck at:

"Hi everyone, I'm Melissa from Marketing. It's been a great 3 months so far and I'm loving my job! My passions in life are"

Dammit. Don't I know what I'm passionate about? Or do I have lousy vocabulary that hinders me from writing?

I can't not submit my passage - the HR girl has been hounding me everyday. Ok lah, I'll just write something more complete:

"Hi everyone, I'm Melissa from Marketing. It's been a great 3 months so far and I'm loving my job. I treat everyday with bountiful energy and hope some of my optimism can rub off you too! My goal in life is to be a world citizen and live the lives of different cultures. I've experience life out of this little red dot but maybe in future, I can get a transfer and work at OSIM overseas :)"

Simple. Flattering. But not sycophantic.

And oh, I need to submit a photo too:


*Common room: sounds so Enid Blyton and her boarding schools :)

No comments: