Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My Neighbours, The Losers

For years, my neighbours (the kids) looked surly and unfriendly and many times retreated back into their houses when I or Baby walked past their doors. In an effort to maintain cordial neighbourly relationships, I decided to greet them the next time I see them.

So, one bright morning, I stepped out of my house to make a trip to the market. There he was, one of my neighbours, tying his shoelaces, ready to leave the house.

Plastering a smile on my face and adding little skips in my stride, I sang, "Good morning," as I walked past him.

He was standing up at this moment. And he stumbled upon hearing my cheery greeting. I half turned back, wanting to ask if he was okay but changed my mind. Instead, I held up my head and chuckled to myself.

Grow up la, Mr Neighbour. You are already twenty years old. You can't get the chicks if you get so nervous around girls. Lol.

You might have heard that my neighbours are infected with the Xiaodong sydrome. This is yet another example to illustrate that.

1 comment:

princessgx said...

I have the Xiaojune syndrome.

Lower head, facing the wall when faced with neighbours, whisper "auntie", and shy away from conversations with opp sex.

You should name a Xiaojune syndrome, with me as the ultimate representation.