Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I'm Not Fourteen Anymore

Yesterday, I received a call from someone dormant in my memory of my secondary school years. As I guessed, he was bored and went down his phonebook, calling the people he hasn't contacted in a long time. Frankly, I don't appreciate that at all. You see, I hate feeling un-special. And being one of the numerous people he called that day, made me feel exactly that.

I got to know him because he was trying to woo my friend then. And the childish nonsense began. I became his messenger, her chaperone, her judge, her messenger. After weeks of observation, I decided that he was no good for my friend. Even as a fourteen year old, I understood the importance of ambition and sensibility in a boy. He had neither ambition nor sense. So I firmly rejected him on behalf of my friend.

As expected, he later became a school dropout and still has no idea what to do about his future today. Darn. Am I being elitist?

I don't really feel like "catching up" with him. He said he had a bet with his ex that he would not feel the need to call her in less than thirty days. And so he needed someone else whom he could call regularly to distract himself from calling her. How childish is this? I am not fourteen anymore, to entertain this sort of crap.

Anyway, I think I'm not gonna answer unfamiliar calls for a while.

No comments: