Saturday, April 22, 2006

A Stormy Evening At Jalan Tenaga

The weather's been in the strangest of moods these days. Sometimes it makes the sky as dark as London on a foggy afternoon, yet it makes me feel like peeling off my clothes from the heat and humidity. Sometimes it sends sun rays that pierce into our eyes while blowing cool gusts of wind into the room. When it feels like it, it sprinkles showers of delicious rain onto my face.

At Jalan Tenaga yesterday evening, I witnessed a stanger sight. As ominous rain clouds loomed above, the street grew dark and gloomy, just like Privet Drive when the Knight Bus first appeared.

It was still too early for street lamps to be lit but the area needed no extra lighting because some buildings were giving light on their own. It was a strange sight indeed, to see two adjacent blocks of flats glow in the dark.

Then it rained, trapping me in my little home. Watching the silent lightning strike a faraway building, I wished you were here with me. You would have marvelled at the queerness of it all.

Of course the buildings were not emitting light on their own. It was the evening sun that threw the peculiar blanket of orange hue onto them, admist the darkness everywhere.

I know a picture paints a thousand words but (the most amazing fact of all time is that) I don't own a camera, not even a camera phone.

No comments: