Thursday, April 20, 2006

Plans To Journey To The End Of The World

After the period of crazy frenzy over projects and "quizzes" deadlines, I was finally able to take a good break over the Easter weekend (and a few additional days). It has been a terrific week despite being punctured by a piece of devastating ("devastating" is an understatement) news. What could be better than having lunch dates with the chummies, reuniting with Harry, shaking off the fats, shopping with the Baby, mourning the dismal fate/performance of the Devils and catching up with the wacky Ian Wright? Time was so abundant that I could walk about my home as I flapped my arms and hummed. Feel like whacking me already? =D

Besides bickering with Tracy and Pris over our summer trip in the past few weeks, I received a dozen (fineee... "a dozen" is an exaggeration) invites from a number of friends to be their travel partners. Oh, before I brief you on that, I will like to pitch myself as an fine travel partner:

There is nowhere I do not want to explore. I think the world is a beautiful place. I love to be amazed by the wonders of the most ordinary things and the most ordinary people. Perhaps inspired by the Travel and Living channel, I recently developed strong desires to see the less developed places of the world, in spite of constant discouragement from Hui who says I cannot survive in less hygenic and sanitised environments. Neighbouring Indochina stays on top of my list. And gawd. I cannot believe how few people know what Indochina is. Hammer this into your head: Indochina is the collective term for Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos during the colonial period. In a wider sense, Thailand, Peninsular Malaysia and Myanmar are included as well.

I am not a domineering bitch. Tell me what you think, where you want to go, what you wish to do and I will make adjustments to accomodate your wishes. I am also very mild-tempered. I don't complain after walking for a few kilometres under the scorching sun. I won't flare up if we were to lose our way in a foreign land. I am not a worry wart who worries unneccesarily about robbers, scarce rations, rabies or insect bites, violent political unrest, lost wallets, etc. But okay... I better admit that I am icky about frogs, toads, rats, scared of cats and terrified of any octopus bigger than a basketball. And I will not venture into swamps or murky rivers unprotected without knowing what lies beneath the water surface. I am fit (although I am still on medication) enough to endure most physical hurdles, including strenuous mountain treks, thrilling water sports and scary sky dives.

If you are familiar with me, you will also know that I am fun, dependable, caring and have little patience for scatterbrains and blur kings/queens.

So much for pitching myself... I must be scaring you away. Oh well, let's forget about that. Here are my invites for the near future; may not neccessarly be confirmed:

This summer (confirmed)
Macau and Hong Kong with Tracy, Pris and Sue - Nono, it's not just a 买东西, 吃东西, 买东西, 吃东西 trip. There's gonna be a lot of sightseeing, mountain trekking, fishing and boating and photo taking.

This December
Korea with Kev - Ski trip

Before next summer
Tokyo with Jo - To visit Shirley who will be studying there. Hui and Qing wish to tag along as parasites.

Melbourne with the Hecate gang - To leech on James who will be studying there.

Second half of next year
India with Qing

Other plans
Indochina!
South Africa with Shirley
Egypt - My ongoing research on ancient Egypt has been constantly fuelling my passion to go there. I know JS wants to go but I don't suppose Hui will let me go with him and I am not going with Hui and him cos they will fight non-stop and they like to involve me in their quarrels :P
Middle East

And the list goes on... But I will not bore you with it. Instead, I will apologise for making you read this whole chunk of rubbish with this beautiful picture of the weird crazy Baby.

She's the blushing one - blushing from drinking wine.
Yar, no link, I know.

2 comments:

Hui said...

parasites!! aahahahah!!! oh man, you sure know us (js and i) well!! awww..... suddenly got wo4 ming1 qi1 miao4 de4 gang3 dong4..hugs!!

chowchow said...

You both should be ashamed of yourselves. *Hugs back*