Sunday, March 05, 2006

Honesty Is The Best Policy

Before I hit the books again, here's what studious Chowchow/Xiangxiang committed last week:

Poor me mistook the deadline for a particular assignment to be on the same day the test (25% of assessment - missing it is like failing the module already) was to be held. So I wrote into the wee hours of the morning, 4am to be specific. My test was arranged to be held at 8am that day and I planned to wake up two hours before that to travel to school. Unfortunately, I overslept. When I woke up at 9.30am, the test was very much over.

Haha, a crime you thought I would never commit. I surprised myself too. So I was frank to let lecturer know, wanted to simply inform him of my mistake. I didn't ask for a retest because he did specifically say that there would not be any makeup test for absentees unless the student was hospitalised. But of course, though unexpectedly, honesty is the best policy:

Lucky me~ I am very grateful.

******
Remember to vote~

5 comments:

Ivan said...

Wah. You are so lucky.

I overslept once for a project presentation, and got a super major earful from my tutor after that.

Anonymous said...

i think key here is sincerity, @ least u made it sound that u're very guilty..but u're not trying to get a retest..so i guess the lecturer gave u benefit of doubt.

anyone keen for bloggers meetup? ;)

Anonymous said...

Got here frm the blogfest page... and I was in the same situation as you too! Overslept and missed a 10% quiz... I told my lecturer but there was no retest for me :( -unlucky student

chowchow said...

I was genuinely apologetic about it. And I didn't ask/hint for retest. It was a surprise :P

jkaiser: When? I'm very busy this week though.

Anonymous said...

i'm bz for next 2 wks actually..discuss over msn.. all part of the connect-with-nus-bloggers effort..haha

email me jkaiser.sg@gmail.com