Sunday, April 17, 2005

Felinophobia (Fear of cats)

I hate cats, both neighbourhood or domesticated ones. My hair will stand on end when I see one near me. I will imagine that it's preparing to run at me any moment. I cannot bear the feeling of one brushing against my leg. Brr...

Once, I was at 85 with my family when a cat appeared behind. I didn't even see it. I only saw my sister's eyes widening in warning that I raised my legs and screamed. 10 tables turned around to look at me. And my family disowned me. We haven't been to 85 since. Boo...

I used to be so infatuated with a cute Malay guy that I considered wooing him. Until I remembered that Malays are generally fond of cats, and there's a high probability that they rear cats at home. What a pity.

I wonder when I started to be afraid of cats. I remember I used to protect my mum from them. Yes, my mum is felinophobic too. Perhaps it's under the influence of my mother that I began to think that cats were scary. Then, my fear was exacerbated by the protection of my boyfriend. With a hero around, I didn't have to be brave anymore.

Haha, that's why I am felinophobic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The correct term is ailurophobia. >:C

Anonymous said...

actually there are several terms and felinophobic or felinophobia is correct.